Saint Cyprien, known for its huge marina, ranked 3ᵉ port de France, attracts the finest boats and sailboats south of the South.
Where is Saint-Cyprien?
Saint-Cyprien est une ville balnéaire d’environ dix mille habitants, située sur le littoral méditerranéen, dans l’est du département des Pyrénées-Orientales.
Parmi les destinations balnéaires proches, on retrouve notamment Port Barcarès (25 km), mais aussi Canet-en-Roussillon (13 km) ou encore Argelès-sur-Mer (11 km). Saint-Cyprien est par ailleurs à environ 15 km au sud de Perpignan et à 30 km de Rivesaltes.
Au camping Saint Cyprien 5 étoiles, vous serez idéalement situés pour découvrir la ville et ses environs.
Saint-Cyprien by the sea
Saint-Cyprien also seduces with the beauty of its seafront.
The seaside town boasts over six kilometers of sandy beaches. These include the northern beach, ideal for water sports such as kitesurfing and stand-up paddling.
Just a stone’s throw from the main market, the Plage de l’Art hosts volleyball tournaments from June to September. Plage de la Lagune is best appreciated for its wild setting, as is Plage Sud…
What to do in Saint-Cyprien
In this section you will find some of the emblematic sites of the town of Saint-Cyprien:
- The via Podiensis: The via Podiensis (voie du Puy) is one of the four French pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela. The route starts in Le Puy-en-Velay and leads to the village of Obstat, near which it joins two other pilgrimage routes – the via Turonensis and the via Lemovicensis – with which it forms the Camino navarro, a route that extends to Puente la Reina in Spain.
- Aqualand Saint-Cyprien: The park is a delight for thrill-seekers, gliders and relaxation enthusiasts, all set in lush green surroundings. Adrenalin is the order of the day on the roller coaster and the dizzying twists and turns of the Snake Canyon. Children can also enjoy the “adventure-kids” (treasure island) and the “mini-park” (themed play area).
- The Jardin des Plantes: The Jardin des Plantes is a haven of peace and greenery. The perfect stroll for lovers and families alike, it offers a cool oasis just five minutes from the beach.
- Saint-Cyprien beaches: The beach at Saint-Cyprien is an ideal location for a variety of water sports and leisure activities. This beautiful sandy beach is particularly popular with families.
- JOA Casino in Saint-Cyprien: Whether you want to play cards (Black Jack, poker…) or enjoy lunch on the terrace, the JOA Casino is a must in Saint-Cyprien. Discover the official JOA St Cyprien Casino website.
Visit the village of Saint-Cyprien
Le village de Saint-Cyprien est connu pour la diversité de son patrimoine culturel. Après la plage ou le shopping, prenez le temps de visiter les Collections de Saint-Cyprien, un musée niché au cœur du village et abritant plusieurs œuvres uniques et expositions temporaires, mais également un fond de réserve exceptionnel de l’artiste peintre François Desnoyer.
N’hésitez pas à louer un vélo et découvrir la ville de Saint-Cyprien grâce aux pistes cyclables.
The chapel of Saint-Etienne de Villerase, meanwhile, is a popular picnic spot for visitors and locals alike. The village church, whose origins date back to the 18th century, replacing a Romanesque church, also attracts many visitors.
The village of Saint-Cyprien also offers leisure activities and entertainment all year round. Traditional concerts and festivals bring together locals, yachtsmen and holidaymakers in two emblematic locations: Place de la République and Place Desnoyer. The grand Festa Major, a traditional three-day celebration of Catalan culture held every September, attracts thousands of visitors.
The École municipale de musique also regularly organizes free concerts throughout the city.
Day at Aqualand Saint-Cyprien
Saint-Cyprien’s Aqualand is a delight for thrill-seekers. Among the most popular attractions are :
- “The Wave”, a gigantic structure that gives an impression of weightlessness.
- “Niagra” is a vertiginous slope that is a delight for speed enthusiasts.
- “Anaconda”, for fans of vertiginous activity and gliding.
- “Big Bob”, which plunges you into the world of Rasta-Rockett…
Some attractions are particularly popular with families, including :
- “Black Hole”, with the experience of a descent into the dark.
- The “Congo River”, where you sit comfortably on a boat and glide through a tropical setting.
- “Snake Canyon, famous for its dizzying twists and turns
- “Space Navigator”, an aquatic roller coaster.
- “Surf Racer”, which promises new riding sensations…
- “Twister”, for 20 metres of freefall with lighting effects…
Of course, there are also attractions specifically designed for children, including :
- “Adventure Kids”, where kids play pirates on their treasure island, doing what they can to take on Captain Brook Water’s fortress and its five slides.
- “Mini Park”, a themed play area plunging youngsters into a fascinating world of water jets and slides.
Water activities at Saint-Cyprien plage
- Plongée sous-marine : Laissez-vous tenter par cette expérience unique qu’est la plongée sous-marine. À partir de 19 euros, vous pouvez participer à une « excursion » sous l’eau, organisée par le Centre de plongée Aquaplanet. Si vous n’avez jamais pratiqué cette activité, l’établissement vous propose des cours.
- Seaside excursions: Treat yourself to a seaside getaway to discover must-see sites such as the Côte Vermeille or Costa Brava in Spain.
- Sea fishing: This is an experience not to be missed, especially if you want to do more than just gaze at the scenery and dolphins on the sea.
- Sunset stroll: Let yourself be tempted by a sunset stroll, lasting an hour or two, along the sea or pond.
- Robinson” swimming: For an hour and a half, you can swim near the most beautiful wild beaches in and around Saint-Cyprien. It’s also an opportunity to enjoy water sports such as paddleboarding and snorkelling.